I know that most of this won’t be a surprise to my kids, they know me very well.
1. When I was a kid, I wanted to have 14 children, because I thought you needed close to that to be able to have a station wagon. Plus I really loved little kids.
2. The first time I made muffins from scratch I was 10 years old. It was the same night Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin was on for the first time. I kept running into the living room to watch, and the muffins didn’t taste very good.
3. I almost joined the military when I finished high school. I was seriously thinking about the Navy or Air Force, though the Army recruiter was really trying to get me to join.
4. I learned to knit when I was 12, taught by Dorothy Brown in my 6th grade class.
5. I learned to sew when I was 13, taught by my Aunt Ann. I still have the patterns we used that summer. One of them made it onto the blog(now defunct) Threadbared.
6. I love Showtunes. I could listen to them day and night.
7. I used to have Elton John’s autograph…gotten at a Sears in Honolulu, where he was doing an album promotion. It was his second or third album, and he hadn’t hit it huge yet.